PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

ACICI - new instructor website

easterncaster
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by easterncaster »

Very disappointing - very.

Craig
grunde
Master of The Kettle

Post by grunde »

Another nail in the CICP coffin :sick:

The message from Mr. Diaz is a "nice follow-up" on the message Paul received earlier. And it is enlightening to get a glimpse of how the guys in charge look at regular members.

It appears that the CICPs next international move will be to the fantastic sympathetic republic of North Korea:

After numerous requests for information and the option of resignation from the CBOG were unanswered,

By looking at the exchange between the BOD (and the asshole lawyer) and Dan/Denise we can all see that this is plain and simple a lie!

The association to the great leader(s) of North Korea comes with this wonderful passage:
Originally, the Board of Directors also terminated their certifications and memberships in the IFFF. However, in October with emphatic counsel from the Casting Board of Governors, the BOD eased its penalty and restored the memberships and certifications of the former Governors in the IFFF, the latter under supervised conditions.

:jack :jack :jack :jack
As yet, replies from the former Governors have not been received by the BOD.

Yeah, imagine that :O :sick:

The following mambo jambo about the supposed conflict of interest leaves the main question in the whole mess unanswered (unexplained): Why or what is the conflict of interest in creating a web forum for certified casting instructors? Is it the name of the forum/web-page? And the fact that they intended to make the web forum democratic?

The Casting Board of Governors now considers the matter concluded.

I expect that this is not the case. The Internet does not forget and the Internet does not forgive.

It accepts the controversy, consequences and losses as the cost of growth.

So the problem is our reaction to unethical and unprofessional behavior which is the problem? And not the behavior causing the reaction... :sick:

And it looks forward to a growing population of members and exciting programs within and without North America.

Yeah, good luck with that! We all know who you are by now. I for one will not join, and Lars, feel free to delete the Norwegian translation of FFF material I did for you a while back (in fact I will encourage you to do so).

Cheers,
Grunde
"Essentially, all models are wrong, but some are useful."
George E. P. Box

Always question the assumptions!

Flycasting Definitions
Stoatstail50
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Stoatstail50 »

The Casting Board of Governors now considers the matter concluded.

Really ?....there's a surprise... :glare:
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Aitor
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Aitor »

No surprises, Grunde. Specially coming from a culture which regards social security as equal to comunism. :glare:
Aitor is not like us, he is Spanish, and therefore completely mad.
Cheers
, Paul

No discutas nunca con un idiota, la gente podría no notar la diferencia.
Immanuel Kant

Videos for casting geeks
victor
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by victor »

I'm surprised to hear the BoG don't contact the CBoG very often. PG told me he contacted DD nearly every day. Perhaps nearly every day constitutes 'not very often' in America. Everything is different in America. Representation, conflicts of interest, ethics.....justice. They have a lot to teach us.

Mike
it's casting Jim, but not as we know it, according to EFFA

http://michaelheritage.wordpress.com/
Hal Jordan
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Hal Jordan »

And they are trying very hard to teach us it seems. It should be interesting to see how well they teach those in China.
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

My next last post!

I forgot to mention that a really good salary in Hungary is 5000 Euros/year - 400 Euros a month, not average of 8600 Euros/year! I don't know where that fantastical figure came from. Doctors earn 5000 Euros/year, after seven years training. For many people they earn around 250 Euros/month. In Ukraine and Serbia they earn less than this.

I'm not sure why it's seen as "one of my preferences" that membership and exam costs be scaled to economies.

And while it's all very well to say that Eastern Europeans should pay this with pride, it's also extremely condescending. In fact it makes me extremely fucking angry.

Pride in what? Pride in an association that in real terms expects them to pay six times as much as US members? Of the 10 Hungarian instructors who joined the FFF, three are left. Now I have to apologise to them all and explain that not all associations are out to rip them off.

I have some work to do. I'm going to retrain all FFF instructors in Eastern Europe - they have some work to do too; AAPGAI is not FFF - and then they can run their own branch, vote on their own fees, elect their own Chair, join the assessor training programme. I'll help host CPD days. I'm starting with the Masters. AAPGAI Eastern Europe is coming.

Cheers,
Paul
It's an exploration; bring flyrods.

Flycasting Definitions
White Hunter
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by White Hunter »

Paul Arden wrote:I have some work to do. I'm going to retrain all FFF instructors in Eastern Europe - they have some work to do too; AAPGAI is not FFF - and then they can run their own branch, vote on their own fees, elect their own Chair, join the assessor training programme. I'll help host CPD days. I'm starting with the Masters. AAPGAI Eastern Europe is coming.

Cheers,
Paul
Now that IS great news to read!

Leelad
Marc LaMouche
BBBB No 2,5 Le NP

Post by Marc LaMouche »

:cool:
grunde
Master of The Kettle

Post by grunde »

White Hunter wrote:
Paul Arden wrote:I have some work to do. I'm going to retrain all FFF instructors in Eastern Europe - they have some work to do too; AAPGAI is not FFF - and then they can run their own branch, vote on their own fees, elect their own Chair, join the assessor training programme. I'll help host CPD days. I'm starting with the Masters. AAPGAI Eastern Europe is coming.

Cheers,
Paul
Now that IS great news to read!

Leelad
+1

Agree completely! And I'm looking forward to see how this will play out, if it plays out nicely (and my guess is that it will) I'll seriously consider going the AAPGAI route myself :O :D

Cheers,
Grunde
"Essentially, all models are wrong, but some are useful."
George E. P. Box

Always question the assumptions!

Flycasting Definitions
Stoatstail50
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Stoatstail50 »

The Casting Board of Governors now considers the matter concluded.”

Really ? That’s interesting.

You have completely failed to explain how you have dealt with a perfectly legitimate ethics committee complaint which, as far as I am concerned, remains outstanding.

“After numerous requests for information and the option of resignation from the CBOG were unanswered….,”

This is a gross misrepresentation of the facts, a simple examination of the e-mail exchanges is sufficient to show this statement to be wholly misleading. The idea that Mr Schramms e-mails constituted some sort of benign “requests for information” or even a formal investigation of the evidence in this case is an insult to the intelligence of any reasonable observer.

“The BOD stands by its opinion that the two Governors violated a long-standing policy against conflict of interest (BOD SOP, August 5, 2003) with their positions with the ACICI.”

Whilst it is no doubt the “opinion” of the BoD, there is no evidence whatsoever that a conflict of interest actually existed and this “opinion” is based on a grossly unfair extension of the so called “long standing” BoD CoI which was both hidden from view and potentially in conflict with a publicly available policy contained within the CICP Code of Conduct.

“Originally, the Board of Directors also terminated their certifications and memberships in the IFFF. However, in October with emphatic counsel from the Casting Board of Governors, the BOD eased its penalty and restored the memberships and certifications of the former Governors in the IFFF, the latter under supervised conditions. As yet, replies from the former Governors have not been received by the BOD.”

The original decision, taken with unprofessional haste, based entirely on an unsupported “opinion” and without reference to any formal CBoG Ethics Committee investigation, was insensitive to the reputations of the two victims of this affair and wholly disproportionate to the so called crime even if they were to have been guilty of it. That you have withdrawn this ridiculous punishment but then subsequently imposed conditions on their ability to act unsupervised as MCIs further implies that you and the BoD believe that they may have used their MCI status to unfairly influence the outcome of tests to their own advantage in the past and may do so again in the future.

Why have you done this ? Why ? What possible logical train of thought allowed you to, yet again, put the IFFF under threat when you could so easily have simply reinstated the memberships and certificates and the matter would in all probability have been quietly settled? This is further evidence of vindictive and unprofessional behavior in that you and the BoD have not thought through the potential consequences of your actions. May I suggest that you either remove the supervisory conditions or issue a very very carefully worded clarification which explains their intended purpose because, if they are interpreted as a question as to the personal integrity of the two former governors, the IFFF may find themselves not only having to reconsider whether this matter is indeed “concluded”, but to reconsider it in a court of law.

You could fix this with a phone call…that you choose not to is indicative of the complete absence of leadership and clear thinking evidenced throughout this shabby affair, an affair which is far from “concluded” whatever you may say.
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

Have they not given you a reply yet, Mark?

Flycasting Definitions
Stoatstail50
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Stoatstail50 »

Nope...last communication I had was the letter from Mr Schramm.

I have a fair idea of what they have done but no formal confirmation.
Casting Definitions

victor
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by victor »

Federation of Fly Fishers

Today is Election Day. Did you vote?

Yes, your vote does count so get out there and vote . . . today! Citizens of other countries are not so fortunate they have no voting rights.

From their Facebook page
it's casting Jim, but not as we know it, according to EFFA

http://michaelheritage.wordpress.com/
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

It's OK Mike, Americans are very good at electing the right people for the job.

Flycasting Definitions