PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

Input from forum leaders - Bruce Richards and Noel Perkins inputs

jmac
IB3 Member Level 1

Input from forum leaders - Bruce Richards and Noel Perkins inputs

Post by jmac »

I notice that Bruce Richards and Noel Perkins are identified as Castanalysis leaders however they rarely provide their inputs to the discussions. I think their background and experiences could serve to move some of these discussions forward and I for one would like to hear more from them.
gordonjudd
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by gordonjudd »

I think their background and experiences could serve to move some of these discussions forward and I for one would like to hear more from them.

I heartily agree, and would especially like to get some feedback and guidance from Dr. Perkins on my inputs to this forum.

Noel could go a long way in helping me in understand the dynamics of casting, and it would be great if he could find some time to contribute to these discussions.

I firmly believe that for most of us (especially me) what we don't know about the dynamics of casting is more important than what we think we know, and input from someone with a PhD in mechanical engineering could help fill that gap.

Gordy
"Flyfishing: 200 years of tradition unencumbered by progress." Ralph Cutter
Bruce Richards
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Bruce Richards »

I'll be the first to admit that Noel and I haven't done as good a job in monitoring this part of the board as we should have, we apologize for that. We're both very busy (of course), but should do better. I'll try hard to make a point of checking in every couple days and will get Noel involved when his engineering prowess is needed.
Unfortunately neither of us has the time to spend the many hours some threads might demand. I try to monitor some, but to read through 20,30,60, ?? pages of discussion generated in a matter of days isn't always possible. But we'll do our best.

Please do me a favor though, if there is a thread going that we haven't weighed in on, please send me a personal e-mail at bwrichards@mmm.com to let me know, I'll check in and respond...
Bruce