PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

Analyzer Interpretation - Analyzer Graphical Sequence

jmac
IB3 Member Level 1

Analyzer Interpretation - Analyzer Graphical Sequence

Post by jmac »

Our fly fishing club recently purchased an Analyzer and we have had our first data gathering session with it. Correlating the graphical results with the casters' action seems to be made more difficult by presentating the forward cast before the backcast. What is the logic of presenting the graphical data in what appears to be the reverse of a typical backcast to forward cast sequence?
Doug Swift
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Doug Swift »

jmac
My understanding is that the analyzer is recording a full casting sequence (forward cast and back cast) that occurs during the time that you are false casting between the beeps after you activate the green button on the circuit box. The recorded data is a "snap shot" of the third full casting sequence made during that time.
Doug
jmac
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by jmac »

I realize the Analyzer evaluates the third in a series of false casts that occur between the beeps. My point questioned the graphical presentation which presents the forward cast before the backcast in the time sequence. I think this makes it more difficult to explain the results to a student user of the Analyzer.