PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

River Fishing

maxie
IB3 Member Level 1

River Fishing

Post by maxie »

I am thinking of booking a trip next to do some river fishing for trout. I was thinking about somewhere in Europe. but i have been loking on the WWW and it seems to be a bit expensive. if anyone has any suggestions or tips i would be greatful.
Cheers maxie
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Maxie,
Croatia and especially Bosnia are both excellent destinations. The daily fishing permits are relatively high (for travellers anyway) - around 20-30Euros/day. But everything else is cheap. Flights, hire car, accommodation, meals. When are you thinking of going? Maybe we can time a trip together. I'm going to go chase Hucho in a few weeks but I haven't organised anything yet. It's getting cold here and it seems that Autumn is finally upon us!
Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring flyrods.

Flycasting Definitions
maxie
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by maxie »

Hi Paul
i have been to Bosnia. i went this year with Fly Oddessy hosted by Paul Proctor. The fishing was fantastic and overall the trip was great. whil i was over i made a few enquires (and not wishing to stand on anyones toes) i am sure i can get it cheaper. nevertheless i would not what to drive in Bosnia and i am still not sure just when to go.
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

Yep I saw three car accidents on my last trip a couple of weeks ago. Croatia is much more sensible. You can fly to Zagreb, pick up a car and be fishing within an hour. Lots of options in the UK, I've fished the West Country a few times and the North. More expensive of course.

Spain is interesting but very complicated to get a permit. Maybe Norway, the most expensive country on the planet. I'm sure someone here can tell you about it or offer some alternatives!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring flyrods.

Flycasting Definitions