PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

The All Blacks. - Is the dream over ??

Voltzy
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Voltzy »

I dont like the current style of "test" play-particularly the way the africans play (but they are VERY good). What happened to the "running game"?
Whakamahi kid
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Whakamahi kid »

David Anderson wrote:
Marc LaMouche wrote:it's just a bluff.
What, not giving too much away before they choke at the world cup ?
:D
:D :p
hopefully by not peaking in-between world cups we may well win the next one :p
we will see how SA fair against the ab's in nz especially Steyn deals with a bit of wind :angry:
my concern is more Oz with Deans, it may well turn arond to bite us like Russell Coutts annd Alingi :sick:
scottrods
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by scottrods »

Voltzy wrote:I dont like the current style of "test" play-particularly the way the africans play (but they are VERY good). What happened to the "running game"?
I think you'll find they are playing different from how they won the world cup. Actually I think the SaFa's are playing how England used to play :angry: A big strong pack, suffocate the opposition, kick up and unders, for territory and squeeze the opposition to make mistakes that result in 3 point penalties. If you get a chance, score a try but it's optional. :whistling:
David Anderson
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by David Anderson »

I agree, It's ugly rugby, but sure seems to work if you have a talented kicker..

I guess I just expected that Australia would have an answer to it after the two games the All Blacks played against the Saffies..
You can see where the aussies have improved and they did some heroic defending with two men in the bin, but there still doesn't seem to be enough drive & creativity there..
Voltzy
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Voltzy »

Who wants to win an "ugly comp"?

Its a shame considering the attacking skill on the field these days that games are won and lost on the boot of the kicker or worse, a pedant with a whistle.

Do you guys think the ELV's were a step forward?
Morsie
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Morsie »

The ELV's were definitely a step forward. The game is now all about the ref. Ref's will have managers soon and will be the highest paid people on the field, the players are only there as bit actors to provide a stage for the refs to perform on. Watch the highlight of the games on rugby dump and its nothing but a continuous series of goal kicks from ruck infringement penalties. Not so long ago these games were a feast of tries and fast moving play, now they stagger from penalty and set piece to goal kick and not much more.

Morsie
That was the river - this is the sea........
Marc LaMouche
BBBB No 2,5 Le NP

Post by Marc LaMouche »

Morsie wrote:Not so long ago these games were a feast of tries and fast moving play, now they stagger from penalty and set piece to goal kick and not much more.
couldn't agree more. might as well watch American Football. at least they hit a lot harder :cool:

do you guys have the 13 player game ?
Morsie
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Morsie »

The 13 player game is the dominant rugby game in this part of the world so Union has to compete with it. With a reversion to the dinosaur game rules of the 15 man game I fear for its future i this part of the world.

Morsie
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

The curious thing about American Football is that if you watch it quite quickly you can figure out what's going on, even if does happen incredibly slowly. The same cannot be said about Aussie Rules. I mean WTF is that about??! Are there any rules or did they forget to invent them?

At least it's considerably more interesting than cricket, with or without a purpose :cool:
It's an exploration; bring flyrods.

Flycasting Definitions
NZneil
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by NZneil »

Who wants to win an "ugly comp"?

Everyone who enters the World Cup..and Graham Henry etc..

And this guy, seen here smashing Aussies on his way to another World cup final.

Winning ugly it works!
Attachments
simon_shaw_wideweb__470x317_0.jpg
simon_shaw_wideweb__470x317_0.jpg (46.26 KiB) Viewed 3442 times
Nothing more boring than an expert that never fails.. - Saltflyer
Morsie
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Morsie »

Winning beautiful in World Cups also works as we showed in 1991 and 1999. FFS Neil no wonder you need to support two countries, NZ and England, that way you can get your world cup tally up to match Australia's. NZ would take a world cup win even if it meant using nuclear weapons.

Paul, Aussie rules has very few rules, its fast, skillful, brutal, non stop action, unlike union which grinds from ruck to ruck and then penalty to penalty. They are killing the game.........

Morsie
NZneil
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by NZneil »

When have I ever supported the ABs ?..pull it in.
Nothing more boring than an expert that never fails.. - Saltflyer
Morsie
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Morsie »

OK - so you only have one World Cup to brag about and a win loss ratio that's a long way in our favour. You guys make so much about a single victory, ahhh that's right, that's all you have...... Next you'll be telling me how to catch fish FFS........... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Morsie
scottrods
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by scottrods »

Morsie wrote:Paul, Aussie rules has very few rules, its fast, skillful, brutal, non stop action.........

Morsie
And thats just in the changing room with all those tight shorts and bromance going on :whistling:
Voltzy
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Voltzy »

I remember when some friends from the US visited, they watched some Aussie rules and described it as follows "if you got 30-40 8 year olds and gave them a football and told them to invent a game, they'd come up with something remarkably similar to Aussie rules..." and on it went, until he finished with " for fuck sake, you even get a point for missing!!"