PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

An interesting experience - WTF

kdh
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by kdh »

Hi Jack,
the worst thing I have had myself was while fishing a rather deep canyon when some idiots where throwing rocks at me. At first I thought that somebody had kicked them off unintentionally, but looking up I realised that two men tried to hit me with rocks the size of a fist and bigger(!). Luckily they fucked off after a good yell...and they were bad pitchers...what idiot wants to kill a flyfisher, or break his Sage...
So I regard myself lucky when only the owner of a sawmill threatens me with some frightfully looking tool...
and remember, just stay away from old ladies feeding fish. :???:
I have a huge problem with the fact that a whole day fishing is ruined with such an encounter while I think mostly the a-holes walk away feeling good- thinking about that might ruin another day... :sick:

Klaus
"Happy is the new sad"(Barenaked Ladies)
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

That reminds me of a time when I was fishing the Water of Leith in Edinburgh through the town stretch late one evening. I was creeping alongside a high wall, the town was above me and one of the streets. About half way along a large rock slab came from above, just missing me and crashing into the water beside me. It particularly surprised me because I was invisible at the time. Had that rock hit me I would be dead, no question. I doubt they were trying to hit me, but it was bloody close!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring flyrods.

Flycasting Definitions
easterncaster
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by easterncaster »

grhen wrote:A few years back the animal rights people here in the US decided that harassment of fishermen would be a great tactic to use in their war for the hearts and minds of the masses. They told their members that in order to further their goal of world domination that, should they find some sportsman fishing, a good way to stop that person would be to throw rocks into the water that was being fished.

This happened a few times here and there until they started being arrested. It turns out that almost all of the states have laws about interfering with a sportsman s legal enjoyment of his sport. :cool:
yes, here too in new york state. it is an offense to impede lawful fishing.

fck them, with a smile of course.

craig
andy_with_a_rod
BBBB Nr 4!

Post by andy_with_a_rod »

ha, you've had a couple of good access issues this year mate! at least these peple didnt lock you IN this time?!
"God's always with me;
standing beside me with his big black dick."

Paul Arden.
MrD
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by MrD »

they're growing pot on the river bank, didn't want you to stumble across the "cash crop".
MrD, Toyota,Japan