PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

The All Blacks - The dream is not over

jacktrout
IB3 Member Level 1

The All Blacks - The dream is not over

Post by jacktrout »

Holy shit, holy shit we won

Just went through half a dozen pairs of shorts during the game, two cardiac arrests and tied some massive double bunnies for the up and coming season.

What did everyone think of the game?
donnquay
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by donnquay »

Christ jack, just cos Chris is off on a dble bunny rampage dosent mean you have to copy everything he does, I have never seen him catch a fish yet he just does a big grip n grin of his clients fush :D
"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in
our air and water that are doing it. "
- George W. Bush

Otapiri Falls custom built flyrods
David Anderson
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by David Anderson »

I honestly thought both sides were shit and I've never seen so much average play in a game of pro Rugby. :(

Then again, even the ref couldn't get it right most of the time, so what should we have expected from the players ? :???:
You wouldn't call him biased because he let both sides down on numerous occasions.

From an Australian perspective, I see a lot of positives in the team under Deans, but they just don't seem to get it together on the night - I know the talent is there, it just doesn't seem to hit the field.
I'm sure not having Mortlock on was a blow, though that's rugby, and we should have the depth to win anyway.
Maybe we kick the ball away to much ?
You can't win without the ball after all..

I still think the All Blacks are far from their best and it's hard to see exactly why, though IMHO they seem to have lost all their speed at sending the ball out wide and scoring tries off the wings - their passing last night was rubbish.
Their clean-out was brilliant, though at times it looked like school boy rugby as the backs tried to figure out what to do with the ball after a turn-over.
Carter must have had a case of nerves - it's very strange to see him miss.

Congrats to the All Blacks just the same, they managed to pick up the pace enough in the second half to get themselves over the line and win.
It wasn't pretty, but it's still a victory..
scottrods
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by scottrods »

The Wellington / Akl Aire NZ cup game before was more exciting.

Great to see Nonu do it again. The game just got too tight at the end but the better team won - I'm not saying best, as they have a long way to go. Player of the game for me was Sitiveni Sitivatu. He rang amazing lines, caught the ball under pressure. Dope of the game was Joe Rokocoko. That guy is sooooo out of form it hurts to watch him play. He looked totally out of his depth.

Wallabies on course now for wooden spoon.
Snuffit
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Snuffit »

Having twice seen matches slip from our grasp at Stadium Australia in the final seconds I'm happy to take the win. The ref? Enuff said. The skill level? Appalling aimless kicking from both sides. Poor Baxter is so out of his deapth, i often wonder why he rates a start.
Two brownies swim into a wall. One turns to the other and says "Dam".

Two rainbows in a tank. One turns to the other and says "Hey, can you drive this thing?"

My blog: http://snuffitramblings.blogspot.com/
David Anderson
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by David Anderson »

Snuffit wrote:Poor Baxter is so out of his deapth, i often wonder why he rates a start.
I dunno, playing opposite Woodcock would be one of the toughest jobs in rugby..