PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

Hot sauces - scoville mumbo

Malik
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Malik »

As Morsie, I rather vote for plain chilli. But with the a nice curry, nothing best than the Chilli Pickle of Patak's !

Cheers

Malik
frog
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by frog »

If you want to compare Pain 100%, Da Bomb, Dave's Ghost Sauce, Sambal or Naga without having to taste them all, you can look there to get the hottest right away. :cool:

The winner is:
Pain 100% 13,650
Da Bomb 1,500,000
Dave's Ghost Sauce 650,000
Sambal 225,000
Naga 1,318,282

Cheers, Guy
Guy
Zoran
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Zoran »

Guy,
Thanks for the link , I'd learn something new !
Cheers,
Zoran
Eric
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Eric »

Wow! That's frightening. I've got a 15 year old bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce that is used 1 drop at a time. It's still 1/2 full!

Only 180,000 units :kungfo:
...the fish know this and are evil... ~marc
Morsie
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Morsie »

That certainly puts 'Hot" into perspective doesn't it.

Morsie
That was the river - this is the sea........
skeg
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by skeg »

:-) yep.

Jono, I would send you a box of Hugarian hot paprika for a bit of biltong! mmm I loved biltong in SA.
Peter
"...fish like a demon with a mission"-Sudesh

...just one more last cast
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

I don't know what makes one chilly stronger than another, but I have a few friends close to me in Zakany who grow some very nice chillies indeed. The problem whenever I cook for them they don't eat :p I think Balaz was over for one of my famous campfire cuisine nights, Peter, he did eat and I think he enjoyed it too!

There is nothing that can't be served with chillies. They're very versatile like that.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring flyrods.

Flycasting Definitions
Mike Rubino
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Mike Rubino »

Its the capsaicin in the peppers that give them the heat. Heat is measured in Scoville units .The average jalopeno pepper has below 20000 Scoville units to it , while some peppers with real heat have above 100,000 SUs to them. The wildly hot stuff will hit a million Scoville units and make it near imposssible to shit for a few days ! Quite a dilemma after devouring heat laden food .

There used to be a place around here that specialized in heat . The man had a 1000 diffferent bottled hot sauces to buy plus he made 6 of his own that were off the charts. I liked his Satans Revenge which was number 3 on his heat chart having peppers in it with in excess of 100 k Scoville. His Terminator sauce was just that , too hot for even a heat nut like me. Funny I can take the hot pepper stuff pretty well but Chinese Hot with Horseradish is a whole new world for me. I ve been told that it has something to do with excess heat burning up your taste buds .

I had two Uncles who were of Sicilian background who grew up in the depressiion here in the States. Both of their fathers died when they were young so their mothers had to stretch out their meals . They did so by adding heat to the food. I used to fish with one of them when I was young and learned to put hot peppers on near everything . When we werent putting hot peppers on food we added tobasco sauce . One of them is stil alive and at 93 he can still outheat me .
If its moving, if you see a swirl, break,bait pop, a slick, cast ! We only get so many chances no matter what we do.Take them when you can.
savage
Flygod 2011

Post by savage »

I recently got a batch of assorted chilli peppers.
Fell in love the Habanero.
Walked around the Naga Jolokia like if it was hot coals.

Then one day had lunch at a friend.
First put too much of some dragon something stuff, blood?
Then tried the Da bomd.

And after a bit, the pain was everywhere and I did not care anymore. Ended munching up the Naga straight. Interesting sensations.

I thank God I don't get ring sting no matter what I've eaten.
We be of one blood you and I.