PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

Didactics - Different casting styles

Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

Yes I agree. But distances and targets are one method of attempting to have testing consistency. Better would be certified examiners of course.
It's an exploration; bring flyrods.

Flycasting Definitions
alp
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by alp »

Bernd, I never said that the roll cast well over 18 m can’t be done with some long belly lines. This is not the easiest task, but it can be done. Many people can do it. I can do it. But I never said that is a heroic act. Especially I never said that will cause at least an agony for hours after or anything like that.

Also I never showed even the slightest disrespect or rudeness to anyone here.

What I did said is that I know people who have had elbow problems particularly because of pushing distance roll with long bellys and stiff turnament rods too much and too often. And, the same distance can be done so nice, smooth and gentle, with appropriate short bellys. Flycasting is not a search for heroic deeds but fun and relaxation. And teaching should lead in that direction too, I think.

Magnus, if my humble opinion annoys you or hurt your feelings, please accept my apology. Anyway this is my last post.

Greeting
Aleksandar
Bernd
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Bernd »

Hi Aleksandar,
sometimes language can make it a bit tricky to fully understand what each of us has in mind here on the board...
Your hint of using a shorter belly for long static roll casts is a fine point in my book, too. What I just meant was that all students wanting to learn looong static roll casts in regard of exams usually do not want to take short bellies cause of the other tasks...
Am with you adjusting the line and rod to the fishing situation (and casting level of each student) should always be taken into account and easily may differ from one's personal favourite rod/line combination.
Greets
Bernd
Bernd Ziesche
www.first-cast.de