PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

Funny looking loop

Lasse Karlsson
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hi Alexsander

Mel also described moving the rod to the water before the line straightens, the faster you do that the bigger the pile (see Marc it is a pile!). There's a whole heap of slightly different versions of Pile casts out there, depending on where in the world you are.

From this site:

Paul's version

Carlo's version

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Gone.....
alp
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by alp »

Hi Lasse,

Paol's version and Krieger's version are the same, more or less. That is the Pile cast (mend) for me too. But, as it is mentioned earlier, premise for thet is high FC and low BC. Slack is not activly controled, it is caused mostly by gravity and it is not concentrated strictly on the line tip. There is no funny looking loop there and a fly leg is not parallel to the ground.

On the other hand Carlo’s verson is what most of the people call the Bucket cast (mend). No doubt, technique and mechanics that cause it are similar with the funny loking loop formation. This can be compared with the entering photo and videos. But that will not be a Pile cast for most of the people. Tipical Pile look very different.

You have a Pile cast on CI exams. Do you pass those who make Bucket instead of Pile cast, I wonder?

Cheers
Alexandar
Lasse Karlsson
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hi Alexsander

There's no pilecast in the CI exam, candidate is suposed to show slackline casts.

As far as I'm concerned, slack is actively controlled as soon as you do anything with the rod. Amount of control varies with casters abilities.

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Gone.....
alp
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by alp »

Here are two obviously different casts filmed from two different perspectives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms7QAZDhBkk

The first is well-known Pile cast. Second is the one with the funny lookin loop formartion in pull back version.

Gents, what’s the proper name for that?
Hal Jordan
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Hal Jordan »

alp -

I vote for either "funny looking loop" or an aerialized snap. :D