PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

New to the forum

S.Sinclair
IB3 Member Level 1

New to the forum

Post by S.Sinclair »

Hi guys,

Been floating around in the background for quite some time now, and figured I should really join the forum! I'm a Scottish Trout and Salmon angler at heart but relocating to Malaysia has put that on hold for now. Looking forward to hopefully meeting up with Paul in the next few weeks for some Snakehead action!

Tight lines

Steven.
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Steven, welcome to the Board! Looking forward to meeting you soon. :cool:

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring flyrods.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Steven!

I have a car, a small boat, five packets of wire and I'll soon be ready to fish! How is your time fixed? There is a network of lakes below Belum I intend to visit from Wednesday onwards to see how that works out. On Wednesday morning I'll fish one of the ponds in KL. We have a casting evening tonight here in KL too. How are you fixed at the moment?

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
fishingthefly
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by fishingthefly »

Hi Steven

Welcome to Loops!

Haddo tactics probably won't work for Snakeheads .... but Paul will keep you right :D

Cheers
Mike
S.Sinclair
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by S.Sinclair »

Mike: Thanks for the welcome! As you are more than aware, I am nowhere near the abilities of most of the forum members but i'm always keen to learn!

Paul: That's awesome news! Unfortunately I won't be able to get tomorrow morning off BUT my Dad would be more than happy to join you (I am assuming it's in Rawang?? :cool: ) if you let me know where you're headed I'll get my wife to drop him off. I'm heading to Krabi on Sat morning and won't be back until Wed but I will ask the mrs for a permission slip to load up the car with the Kayak and head up to Belum Friday afternoon for the weekend. I have my new (Ben D's old) 9# Helios primed and ready to go :cool: and Dad has been hard at the vice so we should be fairly covered! Give us a text/call if that's easier!

Cheers,

Steven.
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Steven, doesn't look like I'm fishing in the morning now, have a friend who was going to be guided tomorrow, then it fell through, but now it's on again! So I can pack and head north. (Just as we because I haven't adapted to the time zone change yet!). Which weekend are you free? Do you mean the weekend following?

Cheers Paul

Flycasting Definitions
S.Sinclair
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by S.Sinclair »

Morning Paul,

Sorry for the delayed response, work has been hectic to say the least! I have just been informed by SWMBO that I wont be available to travel up to Belum until the weekend of the 26th. I have had a look and noticed that there are national hollidays around there so will try to get 4 days fishing. Are you using a Malaysian mobile number?

Anyways far more importantly how has the fishing been so far? Have the Snakehead been playing ball? I had the 9# out at a paypond in KL the other night and to say I am a fan of the Helios would be a serious understatement! Cheers Ben!!
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Steve, yes m: +60 11 233 71023
Been getting a few Snakehead, not the numbers I want yet. Jungle perch active dawn and dusk. Have you been here before? If not we can meet at Gerik. If you're up for it, I'd be up for exploring the lake, camping with the tigers, night fishing, the works. I can get an FP up on the server for Monday to clear a few days.
You'll need a headlamp and preferably a spare too!
Cheers mate and look forward to fishing with you!
Paul

Flycasting Definitions