PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

Religion...an insight

TnT
IB3 Member Level 1

Religion...an insight

Post by TnT »

The hurrican in new Orleans has thus far claimed 85 victims. A week ago there was a earth quake in Italy.
Me as a religious person always conect these occurances to god and religion, justice to precise. There always seems to be a reckoning after these happenings.
What do yo all think ?
Rich Knoles
flybitch 2008

Post by Rich Knoles »

Get over it. I'm sure that those people were evil and were struck down. Bollocks. That is your god killing innocents, spare me. How benevolent is that. Do you really buy that shit? ??? How about bad weather and the earths plates shifting.Try science. Pete and Jan think it's the evil americans. Rich
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

Hmmmm! Yes I think everything happens for a reason. Have you bought a flyrod yet? :D

Cheers,
Paul
It's an exploration; bring flyrods.

Flycasting Definitions
Zoran
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Zoran »

Mother Nature is the God.
She is not evil or good.
She is just a Mother having bad kids :(
Eric
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Eric »

If it's God, you'll know it. He tends not to screw around, unless He's really mellowed out over the last couple thousand years!
And God said to Noah, 'I have determined to make an end of all flesh; for the earth is filled with violence through them; behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah --from the Lord out of the heavens. Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, including all those living in the cities --and also the vegetation in the land.

Of course, He may be just testing you to see if you'll help your brothers or just write them off as sinners.
...the fish know this and are evil... ~marc
Rudi Ferris
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Rudi Ferris »

This a good little thread, striking right to the heart of things.

Thanks, Rudi
William
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by William »

This thread is a bit advanced for me - I'm still trying work out why church spires are fitted with lightning rods :)

Cheers
William
The highest form of existence is play
God
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by God »

Brother William, maybe I don't go to church? ???

Love, God
Big Fish live in Holy Water
William
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by William »

Dear God - that actually explains a lot of things for me :)

Thanks
William
The highest form of existence is play
Gilgamesh
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Gilgamesh »

Hi
Have you bought a flyrod yet?

'at's what I wanna know as well :p

striking right to the heart of things.

Well yes.......

As a totally and utterly convinced non church going Christian (I don't go because the churches are full of pricks with good intentions and fuck-all logic), all I can say is it's right there in black and white. There can be little doubt (even for agnostics) that the end is near, the problem as always is defining "near". Do you sit and pray all day? No, you live your life and hopefully at the end you can live with yourself.

As for the weather........
Try science

Weather is weather, so we fuck up earth as we go along and the weather gets a bit worse and kills a few people of which we have way to many.
Just think about how interesting life would be if we had weather of biblical proportions - I can easily think of a few billion people we can do without (not specifying race of religion - there are good folks everywhere) and the fishing would sure as hell pick up :p

Love thy neigbour as thyself.....or at least try

Gerhard :p
There is magic in it. Let the most absent-minded of men be plunged in his deepest reveries - stand that man on his legs, set his feet a-going, and he will infallibly lead you to water, if water there be in all that region.
Bumcast
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Bumcast »

God? - no, not in a religious context, there's no such thing. - (Sorry God - you're still a groover)

God in a spiritual context? -Of course.

A supreme being? - Possibly, but unlikely

Karma? - perhaps

Nature - absolutely

Any more depth than that? - Highly likely

The result? - perhaps the righteous are now thinking? - ...we have a post...

>righteous |?r? ch ?s| |?ra?t??s| |?r??t??s|
adjective
1 (of a person or conduct) morally right or justifiable; virtuous : he is a good, righteous man, I am sure. See note at moral

~ Zoran - nice. spoken like a true outdoorsman.
May you get what's coming to you mate!

C
~ Walk Softly & Carry a Big Fish ~

www.onthefly.co.nz
Rich Knoles
flybitch 2008

Post by Rich Knoles »

Gilgamesh wrote:all I can say is it's right there in black and white. There can be little doubt (even for agnostics) that the end is near, the problem as always is defining "near". Do you sit and pray all day? No, you live your life and hopefully at the end you can live with yourself.

Greek mythology is in black and white as well, Gerhard. So are Grimms Fairy tales. I won't mention the newspapers. Do any of you think that maybe someone could have made all that stuff up. And masses fell for it. I don't understand how there can be this great belief in god and yet he get's the credit or blame for the death of innocents. Besides I really think it's Paul that writes the front page on Sunday. Skeptically Your's, Rich
jamie shard
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by jamie shard »

Rich Knoles wrote:Besides I really think it's Paul that writes the front page on Sunday.
But how do you explain that awesome avatar? See, you're just one of those guys that doesn't think deeply on these matters. You just go blah blah religion as a shared story blah blah only science has measurement and testing blah blah no one is parting seas anymore now that we have camcorders to verify this kind of stuff -- yet the eye of god is looking right at you! Sigh...

(Is it just me or are things getting strange on the board?)

Maybe we need a flood to wipe it all out and so we can begin again with a clean slate. To the nearest drift boat!
Rather than giving me a fish, you have taught me that the fish are insane.
Gilgamesh
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Gilgamesh »

Rich,

There's a good reason why religion and politics are generally banned from places like this, TnT should've known better than posting this even though Paul doesn't strictly enforce the rules and conversations have drifted into these fields plenty of times.
My brain is wired for pure&simple logic to such a degree that it negatively influences my relationships with other people - I simply cannot handle people that tell themselves little fairy tails like "it's my life" as a fucking excuse for anything.
That's partly why I mentioned "love thy neigbour as thyself" - 5 little words (nevermind who said them) that *could* solve all the world's problems rather quickly, and in it's crudest form you could say "don't fuck with me and I won't fuck with you".
I sometimes feel like crying because I can't BS myself about cause of most of my problems (myself), and when others try to BS me I tell it to him straight. They don't like that
All this is a long way of telling you that I'm a good candidate for being an agnostic.....but I can't be.
I'm not here to convert you or even try, most of the ppl I've called friends see the inside of churches only a weddings and funerals, and with good reason - most church goers are pricks like I said already.
But never for one moment doubt that my faith is a living thing with a basis in fact and experience for which I will stand up - it made me who I am, and if I look around I could've been much worse.
OK sure, the sunday FP's piss me off slightly, but I guess that's my problem.......I might feel like saying "Pawl, if thems christian folks and their bible are right you are in deep shit mate", but I won't - we're not allowed to judge.....

You could mention a million examples of the wrongs done in the name of a faith - recent events show that clearly - but please remember that if everybody stuck to the rules of their various religions, we wouldn't have all this shit. If you are a muslim that blows yourself and other people to hell, then you are a piece of shit, if you are a serial killer that goes to church and prays with your christian brothers and sisters, you are still just a piece of shit.
If you believe our grandparents were apes that in turn evolved from slime, good, go ahead, but if you steal from the old and the poor you are STILL just a piece of shit!

Finally I hope you can gather from all this that I don't care what somebody's religion is, but their deeds in life make up my mind.
I was just about to say more than I should.....

Jesus Christ bring on the summer, I need to go fishing! :D

Cheers
Gerhard
There is magic in it. Let the most absent-minded of men be plunged in his deepest reveries - stand that man on his legs, set his feet a-going, and he will infallibly lead you to water, if water there be in all that region.
spiderman
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by spiderman »

Gerhard

Beautifully put :cool:

'a piece of shit' , and shit happens.

Sandy
Todays Mighty Oak is just Yesterdays Nut that Stood its Ground