PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

BFCC - 08 Dates

victor
IB3 Member Level 1

BFCC - 08 Dates

Post by victor »

It's getting close to being that time of year again. For anyone interested these are the dates for this years BFCC meetings.

Sunday 11th May (starts 9.15am)
Huntingdon Racecourse
(cast with UKSF)

Sunday 10th Aug. (starts 9.15am)
Huntingdon Racecourse
(cast with UKSF)

Sunday 19th Oct. (starts 10am)
Brentwood Centre, Essex

Mike
it's casting Jim, but not as we know it, according to EFFA

http://michaelheritage.wordpress.com/
Dung Fly
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Dung Fly »

Not many events this year then Mike :(
victor
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by victor »

I think 3 is normal for us Andy but you may have a point. Pehaps if we had monthly meetings we might possibly get better attendance .

My personal preference would be to have regional groups who cast on different weekends, if a member can cast with more than one group then fine, I would certainly try to go the each of the regions at least once a year. We could perhaps have regional qualifying events for a national final somewhere.

The truth is however that there does not seem to be any great interest in competitive flycasting in the UK, if we had thiry or forty members clambering for more casting I am sure we would do it but we don't, not anywhere near it.

If anyone is interested in starting a casting group under the BFCC banner in any part of the country let me know and I will pass it on to da management.

Mike

Ben_D
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Ben_D »

Hi Mike,

There are a few in Scotland (some are not board users) who are looking into setting up a casting club, I would attend the BFCC meetings but, due to them being held held mainly in the south of England it gets kind of expensive to attend, the cost of getting down there is as much as a few days salmon fishing.
The date for the northern meeting at Appleby clashes with the AAPGAI weekend, although it would be possible to make it I think a 4 hour drive each way after that ordeal may be a bit much for me :)
I think you'd get more interest if the BFCC travelled further or set up either a Scottish or northern division.

Cheers

Ben
victor
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by victor »

Hi Ben,

I know there is some interest in Scotland. We used to have a young lad come all the way down to Huntingdon to cast with us a year or two ago but I haven't seen him for a while.

If you think you could start a casting group in your area then go for it, I for one will help as much as I can and I am sure that there are others who will help as well, BFCC (Scotland) sounds good to me :D .

Mike

Sam Davis
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Sam Davis »

Hi Ben,
It is now very easy to create a casting club as long as your guys are committed to getting together. The BFCC has already set out a successful template to follow, but you also have the opportunity to create something totally unique as well.

Along with Mike's help at the grass roots level, I would be happy to showcase your clubs efforts on the BFCC website.

The rest is up to you and your mates.

Best wishes,
Sam
Dr Sam Davis (Guide de Pêche Professionnel, France)
IGFA Fly World Record holder
www.fishandfunbrittany.com