PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

The economic climate change and fly fishing - what the hell is going on?

David Anderson
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by David Anderson »

plutrach wrote:Oh.... sorry, mate... I thought this thread was about the global economic fuck up!
China play a part.

I wonder how our our prime minister will sleep at night when Chinese government backed companies start bailing out Australian mining companies ?

Surely his strong anti neo-liberal values will keep him up.. :;): :D
Jono Shales
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Jono Shales »

David Anderson wrote:
plutrach wrote:Oh.... sorry, mate... I thought this thread was about the global economic fuck up!
China play a part.

I wonder how our our prime minister will sleep at night when Chinese government backed companies start bailing out Australian mining companies ?

Surely his strong anti neo-liberal values will keep him up.. :;): :D
What does this have to do with fishing and how is this affecting your fishing?
David Anderson
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by David Anderson »

Something to think about as I drive the hook home..
William
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by William »

David Anderson wrote:My beef with China is over human rights ....
Hi again
David I agree with you. China's government record on human rights is a criminal one. My feeling on the Chinese people, given it's not a democracy, is that I'm reluctant to blame the people for the government.

And to any Americans who read my posts here and feel I came across harsh - I'm sorry and I certainly don't blame the good American people for their bankers :D

Jono, returning from the tangent to your topic - I suddenly have more quality time off now than before - therefore much more fishing in store in the foreseeable future. Got to keep the spend under control though, so it'll mostly be home waters - thankfully Sydney Harbour has become a delight since professional fishing was banned a couple of years back.

However I think the economic FUBAB won't last as long as pessimists are predicting. Ample growth will come from the imperatives to shift the world to renewable energy, people close to retirement needing to be productive for longer to rebuild their savings, and resurgence of growth in developing countries. Before long it will be back to normal on most fronts. :)

Cheers
William
The highest form of existence is play
MikeRR
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by MikeRR »

Hey Willaim, they have us feeling it worse than you guys so no need to apologize.. Business stinks here and has been bad for over a year with no end in site.If it stays this way Im closing shop and going fishing!

Mike
Whakamahi kid
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Whakamahi kid »

Much as the bullish wankers have got to the top in the banking industry worldwide, I will be surprized if the more bearish bankers don't find themselves in favour for the short to medium term.
The global economy will recover, it's just a matter of when, and then sure as egg's are egg's the bull's will be back; there will be no rewards for the risk averse in next bubble.
duckbill
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by duckbill »

Jono Shales wrote:
duckbill wrote:Devaluation of the AU$ = no seychelles trip for me this year - 35% increase on an already expensive trip

So my salty trip will be in AU this year, time to see what WA has to offer :D
See you in WA David we should have some fun out there :;):
Bring it ON !!!
There's more bullsh!t in flyfishing than in a Kansas City Stockyard - Bernard 'Lefty' Kreh

My Blog
askel
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by askel »

Can someone move this out of my Saltwater forum, please?

Thank you
If you are able to chew gum and walk at the same time there is a good chance that you can cast a fly
Jono Shales
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Jono Shales »

This was never meant to get political and it's rather amusing that it did. Obviously there are some of us who are more politically inclined than others, or perhaps feel a point needs to be made (or pushed for that matter).

I wonder if the price of gear will come down due to economic pressures? What about the gear that is now manufactured in the East, I wonder if there is now less demand?

One thing's for sure, I can confirm first hand that numerous fly fishing related companies are definitely looking at alternate ways of marketing their products that are smarter and more cost effective.
David Anderson
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by David Anderson »

Well one thing's for sure, if the next thing to be outsourced to China is web design and photography we will no doubt have lots of time to fish Jono.. :D