PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

International Catch and Release logo - take and share !

Forum for discussing fisheries conservation and other environmental issues related to fish, wildlife, watersheds, and aquatic ecosystems.
Marc LaMouche
BBBB No 2,5 Le NP

International Catch and Release logo - take and share !

Post by Marc LaMouche »

a copy and paste of a post i recently put up on my blog

"a bit dismayed by the teeny size and really poor image quality available on the net of this logo, i asked around with the hope of finding a better one without any success and my mate Jim Lees, Scottish fly-tier extraordinaire and super computer nerd (oops ! i meant genius :D ) kindly offered to redo the image nice and clean and voilà ! something that matches the importance of it’s existence.

since i know that a lot of my readers aren’t fishers i’ll explain briefly : Catch and Release is the practice given credit to a now gone american gent, Lee Wulff who said:
“Game fish are too valuable to only be caught once.”
extend this thought to all species of fish and what you end up with is millions and millions of fish each year that get to go back home, live freely, eat, have sex and reproduce (and make billions of little fish ! :cool: ) and do all the slimey things that fishes do and we as fishers get to have our fun. dead fish can’t do any of those things, plus they smell bad.
there will be a lot more on how to C&R properly here in the future.

please feel free to take the one above in 640×452 or the one below in 175×124, resize and display this logo as you wish. spread the word !

copyright: i’ve tried and tried to find out exactly who or what organization is the original creator of this logo as i would like to give them credit but all searches have been fruitless.
i would really appreciate it if anyone knows.

cheers,
marc
petevicar
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by petevicar »

Hi Marc
The only place I have seen that logo is here
Marc LaMouche
BBBB No 2,5 Le NP

Post by Marc LaMouche »

hey Peter, thanks. that's the common shitty version i was referring to. thanks for the link, something to read at lunch :cool:

cheers,
marc