PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

Tenkara anyone? - Parisian style

alex vulev
BBBB No2

Post by alex vulev »

its Japanese for no fly line fly fishing for trout.
Wise indeed was George Selwyn Marryat when he said: "its not the fly; its the driver"

page 193,
GEM Skues,The Way Of A Trout With A Fly
Marc LaMouche
BBBB No 2,5 Le NP

Post by Marc LaMouche »

alex vulev wrote:
Haggisboy wrote:Was that a Foie Gras and bacon nymph he was using? Surely a candidate for the BBBB if I ever saw one.

Marc as a BBBB No 2,5 allocated to France would know it best.

i know nothing about this crap bait fishing ! :glare: :D but i do know that just because the thing he uses is a pole, it doesn't mean that that's tenkara.
the tenkara rod is a fly fishing rod and it's used like any other fly fishing rod. flies are cast, leaders are tapered just like a fly line.
fly fishing, not bait plunking ! :p
keystone
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by keystone »

Marc LaMouche wrote:
alex vulev wrote:
Haggisboy wrote:Was that a Foie Gras and bacon nymph he was using? Surely a candidate for the BBBB if I ever saw one.
Marc as a BBBB No 2,5 allocated to France would know it best.
i know nothing about this crap bait fishing ! :glare: :D but i do know that just because the thing he uses is a pole, it doesn't mean that that's tenkara.
the tenkara rod is a fly fishing rod and it's used like any other fly fishing rod. flies are cast, leaders are tapered just like a fly line.
fly fishing, not bait plunking ! :p
Hi,
What fly line do you use for Tenkara?
Dave.
JonnyB
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by JonnyB »

Surely this is Tenkara - Lillian was there??? :closedeyes:
Marc LaMouche
BBBB No 2,5 Le NP

Post by Marc LaMouche »

hi Dave,
just as with mainstream leaders they can be made of nylon, fluoro, braided, furled or tapered string.
there is a line part and a tippet part.
the line principle is still the same, it's heaviest close to the rod tip and gets thinner toward the tippet end.
the heavier part of the line is the mass that's cast and the thinner part dissipates the heavier line energy. it's lso the connection point of the tippet.

apart from the line being attached to the rod tip instead of being threaded through guides and connected to a reel there's no difference in using a tenkara rod as the basic principles are exactly the same as modern kit.
cheers,
marc