PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

Video editing software for HD action cams. - Alternatives to Windows Movie Maker?

Saulyboy
IB3 Member Level 1

Video editing software for HD action cams. - Alternatives to Windows Movie Maker?

Post by Saulyboy »

I've just recently bought a Liquid Image Ego (similar to GoPro) and have been mucking about with it on several dive trips. To edit the hours of footage I've been using Windows Movie Maker which seems to produce ok results.
I was just wondering what all you windows users were using to edit GoPro and other HD sportscam footage. I wouldn't mind upgrading to slightly better software but I'm not wanting to spend a fortune an a professional editing suite.

I'll get the link to my latest attempt up on youtube for comment when I'm back in civilization with decent internet.
thefly
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by thefly »

Avid, Final Cut Pro
Saulyboy
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Saulyboy »

thefly wrote:Avid, Final Cut Pro
Is Final Cut Pro not for Apple?

Just had a look at Amazon.co.uk, they don't seem to have any of the Avid software in stock.
Ben_D
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Ben_D »

I use Sony Vegas Pro 10 but it is way OTT for anything I will ever ned to do with it. A mate of mine uses power director for stuff shot with his GoPro and the end result is superb. So much so that may ditch Vegas and get a copy myself.
Problem with some of the cheaper programs, particularly the in built Microsoft stuff is that you loose a lot of quality when rendering, not too much of a problem if you only want to watch the finished file on your PC but, if uploading to the net it makes a big difference.

Cheers

Ben
Saulyboy
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Saulyboy »

Ben_D wrote:I use Sony Vegas Pro 10 but it is way OTT for anything I will ever ned to do with it. A mate of mine uses power director for stuff shot with his GoPro and the end result is superb. So much so that may ditch Vegas and get a copy myself.
Problem with some of the cheaper programs, particularly the in built Microsoft stuff is that you loose a lot of quality when rendering, not too much of a problem if you only want to watch the finished file on your PC but, if uploading to the net it makes a big difference.

Cheers

Ben
Thanks Ben, I'll investigate Power Director further. :)
Alan S
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Alan S »

Final Cut Pro is Apple.
Alan
Alan
sms
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by sms »

Anybody have any experiences of Magix?
I'm here just for the chicks.

President of The Village Idiots of Vantaa Rapids