PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

A Word from Brano

Eric
IB3 Member Level 1

A Word from Brano

Post by Eric »

Heya Brano,

Reply here if you can see this forum. What do you think?

Try making a new post to Auction your item.

Give a description
Add a photo if you can
Add a minimum bid if you want
Add an amount that will automatically be accepted if you want
Add a closing date if you want

my email is eric@sexyloops.com

Cheers, Eric
...the fish know this and are evil... ~marc
brano
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by brano »

Hi Eric, I can see it and I will post my item shortly. Guys thank you very much for organising all this. I love you all to bits.
Brano
You can never step into the same river twice
brano
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by brano »

Hi SaleD,
Thanks for your much gentlier comments on my mines "statements" and invitation on your www. Loved it!... I did get the point and I profoundly appologise for any offence which I have obviously caused to You and to Milan (and everyone else who has kept dignified silence on the matter).. And I also take the point that I did not fish wide enough in Bosnia (apart from a few rivers that I mentioned and some which I did not..). This mines stuff was in no way meant/intended to discourage Sexyloopers to visit Bosnia; on the contrary they would have more of the flyfishing experience than they could have ever asked for: Bosnia and Herzegovina hosts some of the very finest waters in Europe and wider... all set in the most amazing scenery! The Sexyloopers would have experienced the best hospitality on this planet, food is out of this world (not to mention "the booze"-domaca rakija most notably) and the Bosnians are the wormest, kindliest and the folks with the best vit and sense of humour in the universe. I know that because I was born and raised up in Bosnia!!! (Have some credentials after all!) and I love Bosnia and Herzegovina to bits! My wife is Bosnian (Croat), My Best man (our wedding) is Bosnian (Muslim), My sister in-low is Bosnian (Serb), My God-daughter is Bosnian (Serb), My dearly missed Father was Bosnian(Yougoslavian,) resting in our family graveyard in Bosnia, ... I have truckloads of relatives in Bosnia most of which I have never even met. Sadly, not for once!...Our daughters' Godmothers are from Germany, Holland and Slovenia, I am the best man to an Argentinian.. Our dear friends are to be found in England, Ireland, Canada, Lebanon, Cuba, Italy, Turkey, Sweden, Spain and some very special people we consider as the very part of our family may be found in Croatia, Bosnia, England, Nigeria, Italy, Slovenia, Germany, Austria and Iran. I can go like this forever...
But let's go back to the fact that we also have a huge number of very nasty mines in Bosnia and Herzegovina (to deal with.) Not our fault. Not of our making. Not at all! Nothing pisses me off more than mines! They robe you of your birth right to live and they make your life utterly miserable by denying and restricting your right of the free movement!!. And yes, they kill you and /or cripple you. As someone said on the board "you can only step on the same mine once" Yes, quite correct! and once you do so "you will not only be unable to step into the same river twice but you will be unable to step into any river at all"!! I again appologise to you Milan and to you Sale (and everyone else who thankfully did not plaster me for a change), for my suggesting that waters in Bosnia may not be safe (should have said not all waters are safe). I know that you know your local waters more than anyone else and that your clients and friends are absolutely safe when out fishing with you. And not only fishing, Bosnia as a whole in my opinion is much safer place than some parts of London I am passing through on daily bases. (Some Londoners Sexyloopers might add/have their comments on this remark, ooops..). I admit to all of you : I do not fish a lot! A few times a year nowadays at the best. Not something I wanted to but I have to live with. And this flipping mackerel in Pula take the piss out of me on regular bases!.. But lets do something about the mines! It may well be that "only 4 % percent" of Bosnia and Herzegovina is infested at present: the official target is to rid Bosnia of all known minefields by 2009. Let's help this campaign! I asked Paul for a permission to announce some kind of "contest" where we can all make some small donations towards Mine Clearence campaign in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Paul not only has given the permission but fully taking part in it. Thank you Paul and Eric for setting this up! You are the Champions!

So let's help rid Bosnia and Herzegovina of the flipping Mines. The cause is both noble and urgent! There are some fantastic organisations and people who risk their lives in clearing them and by donating a little bit towards their efforts I hope we can make the difference to people in Bosnia and Herzegovina, regardless of their etnic groups, religion and everything else... My warmest thanks to Paul, Eric and other Super Administrators who made all this possible. Long live the Sexyloops!

I wish to auction this little number: SIMMS Classic Guide waders, Size L, brand new, never worn, never seen any water.. Sorry only this pair (size) available. I guess they need no special introduction. Please donate something, post your bid, closing date 30th November, the highest bidder will recieve them after that date and I will cover all the expenses (postage/packaging).
Thanks everyone.
Brano

(edit 28Oct06: I created a seperate post for your auction. Happy to do it. ~Eric)

To All, Please make bids in the auction post, not here.
SIMMS Classic Guide Waders Auction
Zoran
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Zoran »

brano wrote: As someone said on the board "you can only step on the same mine once" Yes, quite correct!
Hi Brano,
That "someone'' is me.

So,if you quote my words,and put in your signe for a while,it should be fair to note my name as well.

I am happy that my message to you has such a huge effect on the entire Board.
I'm supporting the auction and donnation.

I hope that once we finish with donnation (with lots of money in),The Board will be cleaned from any politics in a future.

I wouldn't like to write the same post again.

Happy auction,
Zoran
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

Hey if this donation saves one child's legs then it's all worthwhile to me. That's what it's all about. And I believe it will by the way.

I have no time for politics either. Fear is a terrible thing and politicians and religious leaders all use and encourage fear. It's a pity they don't flyfish; for then they'd see a better way... but we all know that :p

Cheers,
Paul
It's an exploration; bring flyrods.

Flycasting Definitions
ChileanFly
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by ChileanFly »

Paul, I'm with you...
My Religion Flyfishing...
My politics Catch & Release...
Leave some trout for our grandchildren...

JP
Catch a nice Trout!!!
SaleD
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by SaleD »

My friends,

Thanks for the beautiful feelings that you have about everything.One of the most beautiful think that one man can have it is to help to another man.
Brano I belive you have the members in your familiy that are Serbs,Muslims or Croats, but like Paul sad I have no time for the politic and this Board it's not political.

Like the ChileanFly sad:
"My Religion Flyfishing...
My politics Catch & Release...
Leave some trout for our grandchildren... "
Flyfishing is only think in my mind...

Auction is beautiful and so positive.I am living in Bosnia every day of my life and will live always because the Bosnia for me is everything. That is the reasone for the next proposal:
Let's give the money from the auction to the pure people that don't have a place to live in.....or we can give the money to help some children that are without parents...or we can give the money to by some medicine which will help to somebody..or the money for some 100 different reasones which will be more usefull thanfor the mines.Why?
Because the money for the mines it's not the problem.The only reasone why we have 4% of the teritory with the mines lefted it is that that locations are to difficult to work so fast like on the other locations to make it free of the mines. The money it's not the problem and the money we can give for a 100 different reasones, and to the people that really need help.
The man who has a 1 000 000 $ in bank don't need the help, but the man who don't have something to eat needs help.
Everything I sad here I sad from my heart.
And Brano I will not support you in your story about the flyfishing in Bosnia because you have never been in the heart of the Bosnian flyfishing...you have never waked up with the sun in the May or June in the wonderful world, magic world, the world of the flyfishing of the River Pliva ...or I can say Una, Unac... :oh:
You can speak about everything but not about the flyfishing in Bosnia before you meet shis flyfishing heart.

So guys,

I will support the auction with all my Bosnian heart but not for the mines...there is a 100 reasones more important and that 100 reaones need help

Cheers
Sasa Dragojevic
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

One step at a time, Sasa...
It's an exploration; bring flyrods.

Flycasting Definitions
brano
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by brano »

Hi Sexyloopers,
Just to thank you all you wonderfull people for the support in this campaign; We have done real well. On behalf of every each Bosnian affected by the lindmines as well as Miss Suzana Trifkovic of Bosnian Lindmines Organization I wish to express my utmost gratitude to all of you and especially to Paul, Eric and other Super Administrators and the Sponsors who made sure that this campagin succedes.
Thank You All and Long live the Sexyloops! :cool:
Brano
brano
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by brano »

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to every each one of you wonderful Sexyloopers!
Tight lines,
Brano