PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

cricket!!!! - for the Aussies

NZneil
IB3 Member Level 1

cricket!!!! - for the Aussies

Post by NZneil »

a couple of days late i know.. but just in case anyone has forgotten.

So much for the predictions of a 0-5 series win..

Im sure the beer tasted in the England dressing room good after the test victory ...
Nothing more boring than an expert that never fails.. - Saltflyer
Morsie
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Morsie »

Its a long way from over NZ Neil. The PM's wife hasn't even warmed up her vocal cords...........

And it would have tasted good because their victories over Australia are so few and far between - they must have been parched.

Morsie
That was the river - this is the sea........
andy_with_a_rod
BBBB Nr 4!

Post by andy_with_a_rod »

the beers in the pub after the vicotry tasted great neil!
thi is the worst aussie side i've ever seen.
a friend of mine plays for Warickshire U19 side, and they were asked to come in and bowl at the aussie batsmen during practice. they had to move marcus north into a different net cos my mate kept getting him out!
"God's always with me;
standing beside me with his big black dick."

Paul Arden.
Clark Reid
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Clark Reid »

The umpring was abysmall!

I never back the aussies... but they were done.
Umpqua Signature Fly Designer
Flyfishing, musical, dog training bum and miscreant.
NZneil
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by NZneil »

The look on Pontings face said it all, he knew what was coming.

He nearly looked as dour as the PM's wife..

I just hope the Aussie shape up. It would be a shame if England walked away with the rest of the series... :D
Morsie
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Morsie »

Andy was that before or after Marcus North scored his century in Cardiff?

Perhaps your mate should be playing in the tests......... :???:

Morsie
andy_with_a_rod
BBBB Nr 4!

nope, that was 3 days ago, he said north looked woeful! same with macdonald.
if australia are to get anything from this series, ponting is gonna need to score LOTS of runs. i cant believe this aussie side beat south africa!
"God's always with me;

Paul Arden.
Morsie
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Morsie »

Johnson is way out of sorts, can't blame him after his mother's outburst on national television, I reckon you guys put her up to it. :???: :laugh: Don't know if you saw him in SA but he was pretty special. Has bowled awfully and has still taken 8 wickets. Don't forget you guys JUST squeaked home in Cardiff for a draw, we were a poofteenth off an innings win.

More than Ponting, Hussey needs to get his act together and Hughes needs to sort himself out. The pressure shouldn't be on North to save an innings, the job should be done by then.

As Clark said there were 3 atrocious umpiring decisions, really atrocious and all top order batsmen. Strauss should be ashamed for claiming that catch. If it was Ponting the cricket world would be screaming for his blood. That was out and out cheating in my view and for the 3rd umpire to to say it was inconclusive is equally as bad (is he blind) and THEN for it to be referred back to the umpire after being told it was inconclusive - isn't the benefit of the doubt meant to go to the batsman.

Also a memo to the umpires for a catch to be given the ball has to TOUCH THE BAT first and THEN needs to be caught ON THE FULL.

Morsie
andy_with_a_rod
BBBB Nr 4!

yeah, you lot were unlucky with a few decisions, but i would like to remind you that bopara got a shocker in the 2nd inns at cardiff, as did swanny, these things come around. as for the strauss catch, i tend to set up camp at 2nd slip, and with those catches dropping infront of you i dont think you can ever be quite sure. as for punts, if he didnt hit it hes LBW anyway and justice is done! bring on edgbaston ! might sneak to the 4th day mysekf....
"God's always with me;

Paul Arden.
scottrods
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by scottrods »

wots cricket? Ah it's that daft game you play for 5 days and still end up in a draw.

The All Blacks just got shown how to play Rugby by a bunch of knuckle draggers, but it must be a bad omen for Dingo Deans boys, as the AB's out played them 2 weeks ago.
Snuffit
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Snuffit »

Morsie wrote:Strauss should be ashamed for claiming that catch. If it was Ponting the cricket world would be screaming for his blood. That was out and out cheating in my view and for the 3rd umpire to to say it was inconclusive is equally as bad (is he blind) and THEN for it to be referred back to the umpire after being told it was inconclusive - isn't the benefit of the doubt meant to go to the batsman.

... Andrew Jones, "caught" by Greg Dyer, 1987... these things have a habit of going round and round...
Two brownies swim into a wall. One turns to the other and says "Dam".

Two rainbows in a tank. One turns to the other and says "Hey, can you drive this thing?"

My blog: http://snuffitramblings.blogspot.com/
grhen
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by grhen »

So, whats a googlie? :p And why do cricket games take so long?

I watched part of one in BC a number of years back but had no idea wtf was going on.
tp://CastFlys.Com]CastFlys.Com[/URL]
NZneil
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by NZneil »

"That was out and out cheating in my view and for the 3rd umpire to to say it was inconclusive is equally as bad (is he blind) and THEN for it to be referred back to the umpire after being told it was inconclusive - isn't the benefit of the doubt meant to go to the batsman. "

Calm down Morsie... its only Cricket.. Maybe you wont be able to blame the everyone else but your bowlers in the next one..
Morsie
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Morsie »

Guy a googlie is the same as "wrong un". :p

Yep - what goes around comes around.

Morsie
victor
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by victor »

This is how you play it Guy,

Cricket: As explained to a foreigner...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!
it's casting Jim, but not as we know it, according to EFFA

http://michaelheritage.wordpress.com/