PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

Quaternions

Stoatstail50
IB3 Member Level 1

Quaternions

Post by Stoatstail50 »

OK Frank....you got me....I have never heard of quaternions and I cant begin to tell you how much I am looking forward to you telling me how they fit into your casting model...
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Frank LoPresti
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Frank LoPresti »

Well it doesn't Mark that's the whole point, as it's scalar as it relates to a straight line or 180 it has no vector component. If it were an odd multiple of 90 degrees it would. Look it up. I did. Actually I was surprised to see it staring me right in the face.
I would have a major effect on how I train instructors.
Paul Arden
Stoatstail50
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Stoatstail50 »

Look it up

I did...

....what was it about transformational mathematics that was staring you in the face, I barely understand a word of it... :oh:
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
VoodooChild
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by VoodooChild »

quaternion
Attachments
onion.jpg
onion.jpg (6.45 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Frank LoPresti
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Frank LoPresti »

:D :D :D :D :D
Paul Arden
Frank LoPresti
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Frank LoPresti »

Stoatstail50 wrote:
Look it up
I did...

....what was it about transformational mathematics that was staring you in the face, I barely understand a word of it... :oh:
Keep looking then Mark because if I can find it you can to. I have no mastery over the subject nor do I claim to. But a quaternion in physics consists of a scalar and a vector. It says that it is the angle that determines whether or not a force is a scalar or a vector. If the angle is an even multiple of 90 degrees as in 180 degrees the force is scalar, if the number is odd it is considered a vector. Which makes simple sense. beyond that it's all greek to me.
Paul Arden
Aitor
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Aitor »

Casting angle? :D
Aitor is not like us, he is Spanish, and therefore completely mad.
Cheers
, Paul

No discutas nunca con un idiota, la gente podría no notar la diferencia.
Immanuel Kant

Videos for casting geeks
Frank LoPresti
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Frank LoPresti »

Aitor,

If you have nothing constructive to offer, and only little smiles and a word or two, sarcasm, hyperbole, and whatever else it is you think your adding to the mix, please refrain from posting at all as it serves no purpose. That or I'll simply ask Paul to remove this entire forum from the board. If that works for you it works for me no problem.

Frank
Paul Arden
Frank LoPresti
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Frank LoPresti »

---
Paul Arden
Stoatstail50
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Stoatstail50 »

Right OK, what does that mean with respect to casting then ?
Casting Definitions

Marc LaMouche
BBBB No 2,5 Le NP

Post by Marc LaMouche »

Frank LoPresti wrote:please refrain from posting at all as it serves no purpose.

you're ok with onions but not casting angles ?
good going Frank... :???:
Stoatstail50
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Stoatstail50 »

OK, nailed it now, there is a good explanation of what they are here and I think its pretty obvious that this is what we have been missing all along... :closedeyes:
Casting Definitions

Aitor
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Aitor »

Frank LoPresti wrote:Aitor,

If you have nothing constructive to offer, and only little smiles and a word or two, sarcasm, hyperbole, and whatever else it is you think your adding to the mix, please refrain from posting at all as it serves no purpose. That or I'll simply ask Paul to remove this entire forum from the board. If that works for you it works for me no problem.

Frank
No problem. Actually it is what I should have done years ago.

Bye. :D
Aitor is not like us, he is Spanish, and therefore completely mad.
Cheers
, Paul

No discutas nunca con un idiota, la gente podría no notar la diferencia.
Immanuel Kant

Videos for casting geeks
Frank LoPresti
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Frank LoPresti »

I understand Marc, but there has been a pattern here that has nothing to do with humor. I'm okay with humor. What I'm not okay with is someone who drops emoticons as if they were terse exclamations of something to the contrary or questioning something without explaining themselves as to the nature of whatever point they are trying to make as if to question the integrity of a statement without even answering it as to it's validity or lack thereof. That becomes a problem after a while that serves no purpose but that persons own self interest. That and a few other comments made by the same individual go directly to the the same issue.

So while I agree that it is unfortunate that I have to make such a request I would urge anyone to post, but do so with a sense of advancing the dialogue, not distracting from it as that serves no purpose and it is not my purpose to moderate that type of dialogue.

Frank
Paul Arden
Frank LoPresti
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Frank LoPresti »

Stoatstail50 wrote:OK, nailed it now, there is a good explanation of what they are here and I think its pretty obvious that this is what we have been missing all along... :closedeyes:

I don't know Mark. What I do know is that I find less evidence to support the idea that translation alone has a direct bearing on tip path as it relates to loop formation. I'd love the underdog to win out at this point, I'd have no problem with that, I'm actually hoping that would be the case, if you can believe that. But that has not happened yet.

So whether or not the quaternion aspect of physics applies or not as to translation being scalar only, by analogy or directly, it seems to impose a threshold for what might and might not have an effect on tip path as it goes to loop formation :closedeyes:
Paul Arden