PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

ACICI - new instructor website

easterncaster
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by easterncaster »

Paul Arden wrote:It's OK Mike, Americans are very good at electing the right people for the job.

North Americans, Central Americans, South Americans?

Craig
Richard Wallace
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Richard Wallace »

In that democracy, we are reminded, you can win the popular vote and still not get the top job. The electoral college has that power. As they say, "Go figure!"
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

USA :p

Here's a very interesting quote from one of Bill Bryson's books,

"I can't imagine there has ever been a more gratifying time or place to be alive than America in the 1950's. No country has ever known such prosperity. When the war ended the United States had $26 billion worth of factories that hadn't existed before the war, $140 billion in savings and war bonds just waiting to be spent, no bomb damage and practically no competition. All that American companies had to do was stop making tanks and battleships and start making Buicks and Frigidaires - and boy they did. By 1951 almost 90% of American families had refrigerators, and nearly three quarters had washing machines, telephones, vacuum cleaners and gas or electric stoves - things that most of the rest of the world could only fantasize about. Americans owned 80 per cent of the world's electric goods, controlled two-thirds of the world's productive capacity, produced over 40 per cent of its electricity, 60 per cent of its oil and 66 per cent of its steel. The 5 per cent of the people on Earth who were Americans had more wealth than the other 95 per cent combined."

The Chairs we are talking to were teenagers through this period. That's my only explanation as to why they are so special. Had they be born ten years later they would have been flyfishing hippies and taken acid and we wouldn't be having any of these problems.

Cheers,
Paul
It's an exploration; bring flyrods.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

Of course if they have taken acid then that's another explanation too.

Flycasting Definitions
grhen
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by grhen »

Funny how this has become an anti-American thread. But it has been obvious to a number of us that Pauly has been aiming at the FFF for about 3 years now. What possible reason would they have to bend to your will, just so you don't cry? Dave Diaz was right in that respect.

Fuck arden and his etrash fanboys.
tp://CastFlys.Com]CastFlys.Com[/URL]
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

Nothing anti-American about it, Guy!

No they don't have to bend to my will; in a democracy you put your point across and then it's voted on. And yes they had to bend to that, until I left. Now it's left to you to change things. Good luck!

Fuck arden? Wow. That's really going to go a long way isn't it.

Cheers,
Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Aitor
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Aitor »

grhen wrote:Fuck arden and his etrash fanboys.

Could you please explain who qualifies as an Arden's "etrash fanboy"?

Really funny to see how big FFF fans and managers spend so much time reading this thread. A time that they never spent reading the main stuff this board is about, as they should do. If they want to be current in casting knowledge, that is.
Does that qualify them as "etrash fanboys" of some class?
Aitor is not like us, he is Spanish, and therefore completely mad.
Cheers
, Paul

No discutas nunca con un idiota, la gente podría no notar la diferencia.
Immanuel Kant

Videos for casting geeks
Hal Jordan
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Hal Jordan »

He probably voted for Romney. :unclesam:

I think "Arden's etrash fanboy" would look great on a T-shirt. I'm just trying to decide if it would look better with a picture of the great one throwing a BBB or one of his big shit eating grin. :p
Aitor
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Aitor »

Hal Jordan wrote:He probably voted for Romney. :unclesam:
Who? Paul? :O :p
Aitor is not like us, he is Spanish, and therefore completely mad.
Cheers
, Paul

No discutas nunca con un idiota, la gente podría no notar la diferencia.
Immanuel Kant

Videos for casting geeks
Hal Jordan
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Hal Jordan »

Paul's not allowed to vote for president. He has to vote for queen. :laugh:
Stoatstail50
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Stoatstail50 »

Funny how this has become an anti-American thread.

Oddly perhaps Guy, I agree, if I was from the US it's certainly what it would look like to me.. based on the last few posts anyway...It isn't what this issue is about.

The IFFF and the CICP has Bylaws and Codes of Conduct, even a nice newly revised SoP, which establish procedures processes and rules of behaviour.

If you are a member of the CICP, or indeed just the IFFF then these rules apply to you wherever you happen to live on the planet. The problem in this case appears to be that whilst they apply to ordinary members of the program, selected members of the BoD and the CBoG have effectively declared themselves exempt.

Do you think this is right and proper in the IFFF Guy ?

Further to this, in the opinion of some CBoG members and many others both worldwide and within the US, the behaviour of those involved in the removal of Denise and Dan has resulted in potentially serious damage to the IFFF brand internationally and exposed the organisation to a threat far far greater than the one that the ACICI could ever have represented.
By allowing heart to rule head, they have made a very malign mountain out of a totally benign molehill and should be held to account for their actions.

So, Guy, please tell me where, in the entire set of Bylaws, Codes of Conduct, and Operating Procedures an ordinary member can ask for a Governor or a Director to be held responsible for what they do on behalf of the IFFF or the CICP ?

There is only one place that I can see and that is the CBoG Ethics Committee. There are at least three complaints concerning this matter in front of the committee, there will be more I have no doubt. They come from various parts of the world and will all be declared null and or void because a significant element of the ethics committee will have been directly concerned with the initial decision to expell D&D from the IFFF.

The accused are vested with the responsibilty of judging themselves....Do you think this is appropriate anywhere on the planet Guy? If you don't, and I cant imagine for a moment that you or anybody else thinks this is a good idea...what are you going to do about it ?

Fuck arden and his etrash fanboys

Nice mate...have you been drinking ?..... :)
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Kjeldgaard
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Kjeldgaard »

Stoatstail50 wrote: The accused are vested with the responsibilty of judging themselves....Do you think this is appropriate anywhere on the planet Guy? If you don't, and I cant imagine for a moment that you or anybody else thinks this is a good idea...what are you going to do about it ?

I agree completely, Mark.

And this goes for every other IFFF CI and MCI out there too. If you think this is wrong do something! File a complaint and let the CBoG know, that you too think a Code of Conduct review of the matter is in order. Just sitting on your hands is not going to bring change. Maybe filing a complaint doesn't change anything either, but at least it's a clear message, that we don't agree on the way this has been handled.

best,
Martin
ckling
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by ckling »

Yes I agree a proper investigation, review of the evidences and an appropriate course of action taken by the Ethics Committee go a long way to allay the doubts and anxieties that they may have about the IFFF.
A perceived conflict of interest is not a good enough reason.
Many in Asia is following with interest before the next course of action.
:(
Ling
Hal Jordan
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Hal Jordan »

The perceived conflict of interest works both ways. If (and that is a big if in my opinion) D&D demonstrated an apparent conflict of interest when they launched their website then Phil Greenlee and Jim Schramm also appear to have a conflict of interest based on their reaction to the news that D&D launched the site.

An apparent conflict needs to be viewed first hand - not based on allegations and hearsay from a third party who has an axe to grind. Based on statements made about the web site by Schramm and Greenlee and based on the site statistics it appears that neither Greenlee or Schramm ever viewed the site. Does it appear they had a conflict of interest... :???:
victor
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by victor »

Hi Guy. No, I am not anti American, only a couple of them. I just thought it was ironic that the IFFF exhorted everyone to vote when it's the last thing they want their own membership to do in regard to them.

Mike
it's casting Jim, but not as we know it, according to EFFA

http://michaelheritage.wordpress.com/