PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

Stories about my Life

Bill Gammel
IB3 Member Level 1

Stories about my Life

Post by Bill Gammel »

Sexyloopers, Many of you know that I have in the last few years pulled back from my work with the FFF. I no longer teach as many classes or lessons and I don’t travel doing the speaking engagements like I use to do. I have kids that are old enough to hunt and fish with me now. It is time to make sure that they grow up liking hunting and fishing, so they can and will take their father in his old age. Since I am around the house more than I once was, I started writing short stories. Many of them are about personal experiences that I have had hunting and fishing around North America with friends and family. Each one of these stories ends with a Christian thought, lesson, or challenge to the reader.

I know that Sexyloops is not a religious site, but I have received permission from Paul to use his forum (this post) to let you know that these stories are available to anyone who might be interested. I have plans to continue writing them for a while and will update this thread when there is a new story available. I hope that any of you who have any interest will feel free to read the stories and pass them on to any of your friends who might be interested. If this sounds like something that you would like to read, you can find my bio and the stories at www.sportsmanspursuit.org. The stories are under the section entitled Outdoor Life Studies. Thank you for your time. I hope that you get as much out of reading them as I did writing them.

Bill
Stoatstail50
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Stoatstail50 »

I've read them all Bill....brave.... :???:

I'm truly fascinated to see what sort of response they generate on here.
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Alan S
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Alan S »

Very nice read Bill, quite power full.
Alan
Al Greig
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Al Greig »

I read them all too, Bill.

Always good to have courage in one's own convictions.
Fook, wot spawt!
Stoatstail50
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Stoatstail50 »

Always Al ??....depends on what those convictions are doesn't it.

If you think its better to be campaigning for your family to have a nominally regulated right to to use automatic assault weapons or that its OK to carry a semi automatic pistol into the nearest MacDonalds so long as no-one can see it....and then worry about whether the kids might become socially maladjusted because they saw Dad have a beer, then I think your convictions need a bit of a lookover don't you ?... :???:

For my part, I'm not sure that drinking beer in front of the kids is anywhere near the top of my list of things that I would look to control on the planet.

We are usually too polite over here to publicly confront this sort of overt evangelising and it is also the case that, out of respect to Bills status in the FF world, few are going to say anything critical about it on this board.

Which is interesting because, normally on here, if you stick your chin out, you can pretty well guarantee someone will hit it... :)
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
petevicar
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by petevicar »

Sorry I opened the web site and then saw something about Christ and then decided I am out of here.
Graeme_Hird
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Graeme_Hird »

petevicar wrote:Sorry I opened the web site and then saw something about Christ and then decided I am out of here.
I read Bill's opening post and decided not to visit the site. Surely you read his warning too?

Cheers,
Graeme
Al Greig
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Al Greig »

I was just being polite, Mark.
:)

Extrapolating as far as you did is unreasonable, in this particular instance, though I don't disagree with anything you said.

Clearly I would not agree that taking a weapon of any sort into McD's is a good idea. That ought to lead *to* a conviction, not be the result of *having* a conviction - unless one had a liking for serial offences, of course.
Fook, wot spawt!