PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

XP forever

Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

MED and XXD were exactly the same taper when the XXD was extended to become the MED. Since then however it's undergone small changes. To be honest I haven't really noticed them, but I did cast a few variants many years ago.

Another line that was very comparable, but has long since disappeared was the Sage TCR line. There was nothing compound or complicated about this, just a long head.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring flyrods.

Flycasting Definitions
THE DOG
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by THE DOG »

XP forever) My faithful friend class 5/ 9.6 feet. Not selling at all)
P.J. Petiniot
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by P.J. Petiniot »

I love my 691-4 XP---I will fish it until it falls apart and Sage has to give me something else to replace it-

I'll go one better (actually 2 better)

I only own one 5 wt---Its my old 590 RPL+ I love this rod-I will fish it until it breaks-

I still fish the hell out of my 790-2 RPL+ its the best 7wt I have ever cast-I am going to replace it for one reason and one reason only---Its a 2 piece rod, and I fish a 7wt a lot. I need my 7 wt to be a 4 piece---But this rod has it all----I love it-

These 2 RPL+'s and My XP and my 1190RPLX are all old war horses and I will fish them forever-
If Rich Knoles had a rocket Launcher, I would be damn sick of bailing him out of jail!
skeg
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by skeg »

P.J. Petiniot wrote:I love my 691-4 XP---I will fish it until it falls apart and Sage has to give me something else to replace it-

I'll go one better (actually 2 better)

I only own one 5 wt---Its my old 590 RPL+ I love this rod-I will fish it until it breaks-

I still fish the hell out of my 790-2 RPL+ its the best 7wt I have ever cast-I am going to replace it for one reason and one reason only---Its a 2 piece rod, and I fish a 7wt a lot. I need my 7 wt to be a 4 piece---But this rod has it all----I love it-

These 2 RPL+'s and My XP and my 1190RPLX are all old war horses and I will fish them forever-
...I've sold my 5wt RPL+ 2piece, but I deeply regretted it that rod is really special, IMHO....maybe one day it comes back to me, again...full double circle, as I got it form my bro, went to a friend, and back to my brother...time to get it back.
Peter
"...fish like a demon with a mission"-Sudesh

...just one more last cast
P.J. Petiniot
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by P.J. Petiniot »

Skeg, I agree on the 590-2 RPL+

This was the first high end rod I ever purchased. I bought the blank, as I am a cheap ass and I was able to save a considerable amount by building it myself.

I have never picked up any other 5wt that I cast as well, and frankly, that is how I judge any rod.

I am trying to get all of my primary rods to where they are 4 piece rods so I can cary them with me on a plane. I just can't find any rods I like better in the 5wt and 7wt class than these two, old RPL+'s I wish they were both 4 piece rods--But I have cast both rods in 4piece versions and I don't like them as well.
If Rich Knoles had a rocket Launcher, I would be damn sick of bailing him out of jail!