PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

Organizing championship - Italy

Michal Duzynski
IB3 Member Level 1

Organizing championship - Italy

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Hi guys
Fishing seasson is about to close in Italy, and aome of them are thinking about organizing casting competiton.
If this supose to be on a nice, high level, should we inform ICSF, and use their regulations, or should we the way we like it (they)
On italian board they already start talking, one rod, one line for everybody, and some other strange rules, and on the end looks like nobody agrees with nobody.
They calling it casting competition, but on the end make it is a simple shootout in between local clubs. I dont feel like to drive 3h just to cast with 3guys, but I would drive 5h if I know there is nice casting event organized.

What is the right way to organize such a thing.

Cheers
mike
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

Where and when? I might make the trip over!
It's an exploration; bring flyrods.

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski
IB3 Member Level 1

Wait Wait.
It is all planing now but, they sound exited. Deffenetly let you know.
Cheers
mike
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

How about the end of October? :cool:
It's an exploration; bring flyrods.

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski
IB3 Member Level 1

That would be nice.
But I dont want to scare them ( not from casting) Im sure there is few shy 120'+ casters, but from make it done.
There is no many that gives a fuck about casting ( distance, accuracy) , the way the most comps are done.
They brought the idea, and Im blowing slowly this spark to turn it ij to comp flame.

If this was a question about fly tying, everybody would be already in front of the vice, next to 100's others.

Im finishing my work 6Nov, and from there (if nothing serious comes up) start asking questions. Calling school principals, if I can use the field, or indoor place,
so on and so on

I dont think it is a massive investment.
- right place
- measuring tape
- platform
- hula hoops
- set of rules
- parking spots
- not far and not expensive lunch place
- toilets
- few beers
and the most important

cheers
mike
people with passion for casting and the right tackle
Lasse Karlsson
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hi Michael

Don't forget judges and volunteers as helpers!

Do you want it too be offical, or a happening?

Find out if theres a nationel casting association and ask them.

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Gone.....
Michal Duzynski
IB3 Member Level 1

Hi Lasse
Good points there.
I think there is only TLT ( and it's hybirds) association in here.
After few of my comments to make it right, all the others comments stoped.
Im fucking tired running after everybody.

I told them what i know, offered my time and max help to prepare something nice , I can even invest (offer some money), for the prizes.
If thinngs stops , because they wanted to make a conversation, with out going to the point of tht matter , fuck it !!!

Im alone, and there is thousands of italian fly fishermans, if they come out with something, they know they can count on me, otherwise HAPPY DAYS.

cheers
mike
Lasse Karlsson
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hi Mike

Have you tried these guys?

http://www.lenzatoriberici.it/attivita.php

Seems like they are the members of icsf.

And remember, patience, rome wasn't build in one day....

Cheers
Lasse

Gone.....
Michal Duzynski
IB3 Member Level 1

Cheers Lasse
If there is no respond on the board, I might call them and slowly (as building Rome), get some info.
But looking at the web it seems like T-38 guys.
Italians knows about T-38, and while we are talking about comp. they r scared that this requires extreme gear like CTS T-38/T40.
I will take my time, because I feel like there is a potential in Italy.

Paul dont rush me. :-):-):-)
Cheers
mike
Dung Fly
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Dung Fly »

Mike,

Do you know Edoardo Pagani from Lecco ?

He casts at the ICSF but his prime pleasure is casting & fishing with 5 to 9 weight outfits.

It's just a thought as he wanted to hold the 2011 ICSF WCs in Italy so he is keen. Let me know if you need his contact details and I can send them to you.
Michal Duzynski
IB3 Member Level 1

I dont know him, but he's posting on Italian board as E.P., and reading his posts looks like he knows what he is talking about.
If you have a contact to him -yes please.
They are pushing for one rod for everybody. Few times I said and explain my self that it is not good idea.
I was thinking to make it with GT 125, as it cost 30€, and I even want to donate them.
Prepare two reels with line and have everybody to assamble their favorite rod with it b4 casting.
It might take long time, between casters, but for me for the first time it is more
convinsing, then telling everybody to buy new line, train, and be ready for a certen day in Dec (only an idea)
If we decide on GT 125, for the first time event, Im offering this line as a 3 first place prize, so the guys can get a practice with it, for the next time.
All this from my side, just to make them want it, and taste it, see what we are talking about.
I think it would be great kick off.

BTW- am I right thinking that GT 125, would be a good competition line?
Cheers
mike
John Waters
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by John Waters »

Hi Michael, I agree with Andy, Edoardo's the man.

May I suggest you try and get some water filled discs (pot plant base/saucer trays). Much better than hula hoops for both casting into and judging with.

John
Michal Duzynski
IB3 Member Level 1

Hi John.
Fine with me, might cost even less then hoops.
Cheers
mike
Lasse Karlsson
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hi Michael

The one rod one line option is shootout and fun as it may be and easy to do, it always leaves some people saying they would have thrown further had they used their own rod ;)

Fixing the line an leaving the rod open but restricting the length of it, leaves most happy, and is the way to go. You supplying the line on the day is a good thing (we do the same in the Danish Championships, we use the MED 5 though) as it takes out tackle control of the lines which can be a pain in the behind. Keep the rules simple.
The ones we use in Denmark are: Danish Championship rules Feel free to steal :cool:

Otherwise use the rules from the WC, and modify them to fit your competition.

I'm sure the GT125 is a good line for the comp :)

Cheers
Lasse

Gone.....
John Waters
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by John Waters »

Water filled discs are smaller Michael than hoola hoops but are much more pleasing to cast to. If diameter of target becomes an issue, reduce the distances or set them up like the ICSF Event number 1 court set up. The distances are not excessive and certainly replicate fishing distances that would be encountered by Italian stream fishers. You can include a dry fly and a wet fly round in the one event using the same court.
It is called Fly SKISH, an acronym for "Skill in Fishing" so it is very much suited to fly fishing gear eg 5 or 6 weight lines. It's great fun. Good luck with your venture and my congratulations on your initiative. If it comes to pass, for 2013, let me know where and when and I might be able to fit it in with a trip. Any excuse to have a cast and a fish.

John