PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

Code of Ethics

Djordje
IB3 Member Level 1

Code of Ethics

Post by Djordje »

My opinion about IFFF exam and Code of Ethics:

1. Should be in task (oral or written part)
2. Candidate if pass exam should sign this code of ethics

What you think about it?
Barrio Pro-Team
FFF MCI, THCI
Marc LaMouche
BBBB No 2,5 Le NP

Post by Marc LaMouche »

why should they Djordje ? the president doesn't even abide to them...
Paul Arden
Fly God 2010

Post by Paul Arden »

No I'm against this. What if the code is wrong? I'm not signing up to a religious convent - and maybe I want to change that code? I (personally) want a association I can assist grow, not be constrained by.

Internal conflicts are great - it's the furnace that burns and creates development. The problems occur when an association isn't amenable to differences. That's when it splits. It's all a question of function. What is the purpose of the IFFF? What is the purpose the the IFFFCP? And which did you join and why?

Personally I started to feel like I was carrying the IFFF, and then it turned out that they didn't want to go there! That's all fine with me. It's just a group of people after all. I suspect that on the most part those involved in the IFFF attach to being American. Fair enough! I'm not attached to being English, or European, or whatever. Maybe being American is better! But I don't think so - that's just an anchor.

Anyway, I'm neutral now. If they decide to make it, and truly become International, then they can certainly do so. When that happens I may rejoin (depending on their standards and ethos). Let's see if they do - and good luck to them!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring flyrods.

Flycasting Definitions
Bernd
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Bernd »

Hi Djordje,
maybe someone first should crack the code to make ALL members understand what it might be good for.
Seemed to me that some of the leading members did not understand it's meaning yet?
Greets
Bernd
Bernd Ziesche
www.first-cast.de
Djordje
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Djordje »

Bernd wrote:Hi Djordje,
maybe someone first should crack the code to make ALL members understand what it might be good for.
Seemed to me that some of the leading members did not understand it's meaning yet?
Greets
Bernd
Agree Bernd!

Than first should do retest :)
Barrio Pro-Team
FFF MCI, THCI