PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

Auction Rules: Please read before posting

Eric
IB3 Member Level 1

Auction Rules: Please read before posting

Post by Eric »

Hi,
Following a recent thread on the Board, Brano emailed that he would like to donate an item for which proceeds would go to landmine clearance in Bosnia and did I have any objections? Well of course not, it's a good thing, and so we'd like to try to help too.

We haven't attempted anything like this before, but we think we need a target, so we've set the target at £5000 (~$9500 USD)

We also need some rules - these are Eric's rules, so they may not make sense :p

~Paul

Rules
The Donator puts one item up for auction with the promise that it will be sent to the winning Bidder. The winning Bidder promises to make a donation to the charity for the amount of the winning bid. The item is then sent by the Donator to the Bidder – the Donator pays for shipping.

An auction starts when a Donator posts the description and details of an item. Bids are made by posting on that thread. Bidders may ask questions in the thread. Donators are encouraged to post a picture of the item.

Bids are made in US Dollars (the default currency of the charity, exchange rates)

The auction ends when the Donator accepts a bid (typically the highest bid pledged by a certain date). Donator and Bidder should then contact each other by email to confirm everything, the donation is made (get a receipt if possible), the item is sent to the delivery address (get a receipt).

The Donator normally pays shipping. Please consider the cost of shipping/postage before you put a 3-piece DH rod into the auction – Sexyloops is intercontinental.

This auction drive runs through November 30.

Our Charity: Adopt-A-Minefield - Bosnia/Herzegovina (landmines.org)
Please earmark donations for Bosnia and Herzegovina.

If someone wants to remain anonymous, either in donation or bid, please email me and I'll proxy for you. ( eric@sexyloops.com )

This is based on the integrity of participants and conducted in good faith or else.

Try to keep the auction posts clear of comment except inquiry about the item, responses and bids.

Cheers, The Sexyloops Team

Sexyloops cannot be held responsible for any fuckups!
...the fish know this and are evil... ~marc
84-1066937949

Post by 84-1066937949 »

Something's wrong ..... 221 views on leaders - one order. Same for the sticker and the wader. What about more donations too .... com'on. :glare:
brano
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by brano »

I agree Thomas,
Come on guys what are the SIMMS people going to think? If no bidders for them, they'll be gonner on ebay.
Brano
You can never step into the same river twice
scotch mist
Minister of Libations

Post by scotch mist »

patience brano.i would bid ,but i,m a 2 xl :( .to many people sitting in their arm chairs stroking their rod, i think. :( nice job,..clearing mines.poke, poke , boom!! dale
EARTH FIRST, we,ll fish another planet later.
Bob Wyatt
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Bob Wyatt »

It juts has to get some mometum. We need more info on the board, Like this.

http://www.reliefweb.int/rw/RWB.NSF/db900SID/VBOL-6UME33?OpenDocument

Just think if your favourite stream had fucking landmines strewn along the banks.
"...every fisherman will have to be a riverkeeper, a steward of marine shallows, a watchman on the high seas. "
Thomas McGuane

www.trouthunting.com
tinpusher
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by tinpusher »

Any accountant loopers out there. Is this charity tax deductible? If so could we collect all the donations and send them in as one big ($9,000 plus) donation. The tax receipt for that donation could be auctioned off with the high bidder being able to claim a big deduction. Not sure of the legalities in various countries but it sounds good on paper. Just a thought.
"My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it." - Koos Brandt

<'{{{><

My Blog
rrw35
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by rrw35 »

Thats a good point. On UK charity donations, you tick a box for the tax relief.

I have a few SO's for cancer charities, and you tick a box that offsets the tax, or lets the organisation claim it back.

It shows what scum governments are, skimming money off charitable causes..fucking bastards. :angry: :angry:

I'll e mail my mate in London, he'll know.
Eric
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Eric »

Not a bad idea Doug, but some folk have already made their donations, and besides I don't think you want me as your accountant. :D
...the fish know this and are evil... ~marc