PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

Fishing shows - any reasonable ones?

Greg
IB3 Member Level 1

Fishing shows - any reasonable ones?

Post by Greg »

I'm not big on watching fishing shows on television. Overall i'd rather go fishing than watch others doing it. But lately I have not been able to get out on the creek as much as I like to. So I have taken in a few fishing shows to live vicariously through other anglers. Some observations about the few shows that I watched:

There is often very little content to some of these shows. Mostly what you see is 30 minutes of people reeling in fish punctuated by commercials. In my humble opinion there is not enough discussion of casting technique, reading the water, or fly/bait choices. Moreover, most of these shows seem to focus on spinner rather than fishing with a fly rod.

I admit to having seen only a small sample of fishing shows. I don't watch a lot of TV so there very well may be good ones out there. If so can anyone recommend one?

I could imagine a very good fishing show format that might consist of segments of very content-oriented (technical/instructional) footage punctuated by zany skits. Hmm, sounds a bit like Sexy Loops. :question: