PLEASE NOTE: This is the Archived Sexyloops Board from years 2004-2013.
Our active community is here: https://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/

Casting Games at the Gulf Coast Conclave - Casting Games

Jay Clark
IB3 Member Level 1

Casting Games at the Gulf Coast Conclave - Casting Games

Post by Jay Clark »

I was recently asked to be casting chairman for the Gulf Coast Council of the FFF. Our conclave is May 16th & 17th in Lake Charles, Louisiana. At this point I'm not planning on doing an actual tournament but I am working with another caster to set up the Danish Casting Games as well as the ISE and ACA 5wt games.

The venue has a huge outdoor casting area so I want to take advantage of that and try to make the casting side of the show as fun and educational as possible. Bruce Richards is one of the keynote speakers and will giving casting presentations and workshops as well.
Eric
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Eric »

Grats on the spot. Sounds like a great time.
...the fish know this and are evil... ~marc
Jay Clark
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Jay Clark »

I think it will be. Right now we're working on the schedule to get some instructor continuing education set-up too. I want to get the CE up to level it is in CA. If I get that up to speed plus good presentations/workshops and some casting games it should be a solid event for those interested in casting/teaching.
Rocketroy
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Rocketroy »

Jay Clark wrote:I was recently asked to be casting chairman for the Gulf Coast Council of the FFF. Our conclave is May 16th & 17th in Lake Charles, Louisiana. At this point I'm not planning on doing an actual tournament but I am working with another caster to set up the Danish Casting Games as well as the ISE and ACA 5wt games.

The venue has a huge outdoor casting area so I want to take advantage of that and try to make the casting side of the show as fun and educational as possible. Bruce Richards is one of the keynote speakers and will giving casting presentations and workshops as well.

:cool: Jay, Shoot- outs have a way of erupting! Especially, when a cool one or two is on the line! Hitting Beer cans at casting-accuracy-games distances, is a lot harder than those big-ole rings! :D ......... Got my calendar marked! Thanks for taking the lead, Rocketroy :cool:
Jay Clark
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by Jay Clark »

Got my calendar marked! Thanks for taking the lead, Rocketroy

Look forward to seeing you there. Since this is only the second year the council has been in existence I really see an opportunity to set a high standard for the casting side of the show.
David Lemke
IB3 Member Level 1

Post by David Lemke »

Jay,
I think it's great that you're organizing this. As you know from our private discussions, the Casting Games that the Texas Fly Fishers club ran in Houston in early February had a good turnout. The GCC is a larger venue with a similar demographic and I expect your events will be successful too.

It's a great way to get people who would otherwise be intimidated to participate in a casting competition to have a bit of fun and some friendly competition. We had participants age 14 - upper 70s. It was popular enough that folks want it to become an annual event.

I'll see you in May.